Please ask any questions you may have about plants, in the comments of any post or by email. I love to help people to be better gardeners. If I don't know the answer, I have lots of great resources to find it and I love to learn new things, too!

Monday, February 12, 2007

Questions from January 30th

I answered these in class, but I thought I should put them here as well.

That I know of, I cannot find a Crabapple (Malus) that blooms pink and has no fruit.
I do have a catalog that tells lots of information about lots of trees.

The only crocus-like, night-blooming flower I could find is a cactus called Peniocereus gregii.

As far as I could find, Helleborus have leaves on year round and therefore make a nice shady ground cover. They are supposed to bloom in late fall to spring, depending on the variety. It grows in zones 4-7.

The chocolate flower is called Berlandiera lyrata. The whole plant smells like chocolate!

The only real reference I could find about growing mint in with grass for the scent when mowed was some chocolate mint that crept into the lawn. The problem is that mints are REALLY invasive and may take over the grass.

1 comment: