Please ask any questions you may have about plants, in the comments of any post or by email. I love to help people to be better gardeners. If I don't know the answer, I have lots of great resources to find it and I love to learn new things, too!

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Evolution of an Amaryllis!

I took this picture soon after buying this wonderful amaryllis. It cost me $15! (Willard Bay Gardens!)

11/3:



By 11/11 it looked like this:



11/18:



11/24:



?:



12/10: First bloom!



12/24: Second bloom!



Then, the leaves really came out and I was expecting to not see another bloom until next winter.

I was wrong!

1/25/11: THIRD bloom!



It still looks like this and is actually sending out 5 blossoms! I have completely enjoyed this plant! I'm hoping that I can actually get this one to rebloom. I got a great tip to make that happen, so here's to hoping!

No comments: