Please ask any questions you may have about plants, in the comments of any post or by email. I love to help people to be better gardeners. If I don't know the answer, I have lots of great resources to find it and I love to learn new things, too!

Monday, January 22, 2007

Apple Pollination

I had a question about apple pollination. From what I found, you cannot use pear trees to pollinate an apple tree. You also have to be careful about the bloom time with other apple varieties chosen. The trees should be within 50 feet of each other. There are also apple varieties that are listed as self-fruitful, but there will be more fruit with cross-pollination.

Here are some sites with good information:

Pollination for the home Gardener
Home Fruit Production-Apples
Pollinating Fruit Crops
Pollination of Tree Fruits

I hope this helps!

No comments: